Powder Metal (PM) Parts Manufacturing
Powder metallurgy, or PM, manufacturing is a state-of-the art metal forming technology used to provide component solutions for a variety of applications. The science of the technology brings distinct advantages over other metal forming technologies in material utilization, shape complexity, and near-net-shape dimensional control, all supported by a broad range of alloy systems that can be tailored to your application. All contribute to sustainability, making PM a recognized green technology, and the Preferred Metal Forming Solution.
The powder metal forming solution offers many advantages:
- Eliminates or minimizes machining by producing parts to near net shape
- Minimizes scrap losses by typically using more than 97% of the starting raw material
- Permits a wide variety of alloy systems that can be tailored for the application
- Provides an excellent surface finish as formed
- Provides materials that may be heat treated for added strength and wear resistance
- Provides controlled porosity for self lubrication or filtration
- Complex shapes and geometries not practical or impossible with other metal forming processes
- Supports moderate to high-volume component production volumes
- Part to part consistency at exacting tolerances
- Offers long-term performance reliability for the most stringent applications
- Sustainable manufacturing - Green technology
At NetShape Technologies, we take the science of Powder Metallurgy to the next level as we work with advanced metal alloys in becoming the design-of-choice solution.
To see if your manufacturing can be improved by the PM process, or for more Powder Metal information, contact us online or call 812-248-9273.